March 15, 2013

Review: Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries #1) by by Michele Vail

Summary-
The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...
Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper—and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. Within days, she's shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite boarding school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath.
Life at Nekyia has its plusses. Molly has her own personal ghoul, for one. Rick follows her there out of the blue, for another...except, there's something a little off about him. When students at the academy start to die and Rath disappears, Molly starts to wonder if anything is as it seems. Only one thing is certain—-Molly's got an undeadly knack for finding trouble....
 
Review-
      I just found the next Harry Potter! Undeadly was such a great book that I didn't want to put it down and stayed up way too late to finish it. Molly, the main character, works for the family business, Big Al's Zomporium, where she helps turn people into zombies and performs zombie maintenance. She is a Ka Heka, which means that she can resurrect the dead. Sounds wild, right? Not really. Molly's life revolves around her upcoming sixteenth birthday, her clothes, her friends, flirting with the cute football player at school and avoiding his ex-girlfriend, the school's mean girl. It's a typical life lived with her younger sister, dad, and Italian grandmother. Molly's mom deserted the family when Molly was ten. However, Molly's life takes a tragic and surprising turn on the night of her sixteenth birthday. After an accident happens to the football player,Rick, Molly finds that everything she believed in is one big lie. She learns that she has family members that have never been mentioned. She's shipped to a private school, has to help catch a killer, and is pulled into a war between Anubis and his uncle Set. Undeadly just kept getting better and better until the totally unexpected cliffhanger ending that left my mouth hanging open. I can't wait to read the next two books in the trilogy!! Needless to say, this is a total five star book.
 
Publisher-Harlequin Teen
Reviewer Rating: 5 Stars!!!
Reviewed by~Cindi
Thank you to the publisher for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program in exchange for a honest review!
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com
 



 

4 comments:

  1. Wow I'm glad that you loved this one so much. Comparing something to HP is a huge compliment. I will have to check out this series.

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Alexa:) It was a fun book to read and a series that I plan on following. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. I'm happy you loved it so much, but this book doesn't come anywhere near HP in my eyes. In fact, I DNFed it, because of the horrible choice of words..

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, sorry that you didn't like it! I believe that each person's interests and opinions are based on their life experiences. We each have vastly different lives from each other. I enjoyed both the prose and the words myself but they may have touched a nerve with you. What is a really good book that you've read lately? Do you have a suggestion for me to read next?

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)